Custom Search

Sunday, November 21, 2010

How To connect Tata photon plus in Ubuntu

How To connect Tata photon plus in Ubuntu

I recently purchased a Tata Photon plus, Huawei EC1261, and was wondering if I could use it in my Ubuntu 10.04. While buying the Tata Photon plus I asked the sales person if I could use the Tata Photon plus on my Linux system. He replied back saying, "No Sir, you cannot use it on Linux system. The device is made for Windows." I told him that I had searched on the Internet and found that the device can be used for Linux system. The sales person told 'maybe' and he can help me install the device only on a Windows system.

Now the challenge for me was to install Tata Photon plus on my Ubuntu 10.04. Around a year back, I had bought a 'Mobile Broadband' of Tata Photon and to get it installed on openSUSE was quite a task. I had to install wvdail and few others dependencies. But, when I tried to install the new Tata Photon plus on my Ubuntu 10.04, I found it was really easy-to-install. This is how I setup my Tata Photon plus on my Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment