Custom Search

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Howto Setup Netbeans 7 and Python IDE

howto install netbeans 7.x python IDE on ubuntu




0)
Download and install netbeans
http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/netbeans/7.3/beta2/bundles/netbeans-7.3beta2-php-linux.sh

* chmod +x netbeans-7.3beta2-php-linux.sh
* ./netbeans-7.3beta2-php-linux.sh

1)
Start NetBeans 7

2)
Click on Tools > Plugins 

3)
When the Plugins window opens click the Settings Tab

4)
In the Settings tab click the Add button

5)
Type whatever Name you want for this, I used 'Developer Updates'

6)
Under URL put http://deadlock.netbeans.org/hudson/job/nbms-and-javadoc/lastStableBuild/artifact/nbbuild/nbms/updates.xml.gz and click OK

7)
The plugin list should refersh and may take a moment, when it does click on the 'Available Plugins' tab.

8)
In the search box there type 'python' to find the python plugin, check the box for that plugin and click Install.

5 comments:

  1. I am using NB 7.3 on Windows 7. Although I followed the process accurately, I was unable to see any Python plugins. So I switched to the "Installed" tab, and selected "Show details" check box. Only after that did I find three plugins there: Python, Jython distribution and sample python/Jython projects. Out of these, only #2 was active. I tried to activate the other two plugins, but I get the following error: "Activation failed: Not all requested modules can be enabled". What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Reinstall the plugins. They have some dependencies.

      Delete